5.11.2009

Ramblings of Renovating Part I: Bathroom

Well my friends, I am beginning to wrap up the major house renovations Dingo and I have undertaken the past few months. I am in love with the results and with a few tweaks here and there (with a little help from our registry) I think everything will be like a brand new home for newlyweds to enjoy. Even the garden coming along quite nicely. But first, I will share the newly renovated bathroom. It was so gross (the color) that I couldn't post the before pics because I just didn't take any. So here you have the result.

FIL to-be added a new light fixture, taking out some ugly outdated old ones and created a better fixture for curling irons and such.


My MIL to-be bought the IKEA extendable mirror and had the best idea of using brighter lights to take the struggle out of putting on my make up.


I used a frame found at Goodwill by MIL to-be and reframed a print of Chicago's Water Tower and the two of us painted the ceilings a sandy brown. I INSISTED the blue ceiling so that it would feel like I was sitting at the ocean while taking a bath. I love it.

No comments: